Android 5.0 introduced the Camera2 APIs which include a full spectrum of camera features and configurations. However, building features with this powerful API can be overwhelming.
In this talk, we’ll:
• Learn how camera hardware works and how that’s exposed in software
• Digest the bits and bytes of color spaces and image formats
• Visualize how image kernels work
• Set up a testing environment that allows us to iterate quickly
• Introduce the concepts of computer vision
This talk will get you up and running with the camera APIs. You’ll learn how to write efficient code that operates on millions of pixels.
Lead developer of Square Cash for Android in Waterloo, Canada. Contributor to several open source projects including Telescope, Whorlwind, Swirl, and u2020.